Init New Task
To create a task folder with initial files use command:
$ dex8 init <taskName>.
For example the command: $ dex8 init myTest will create folder (directory) myTest with some basic files which can be changed later (see the image below).
The Basic Files
- .editorconfig file has instructions for your editor (https://editorconfig.org)
- .eslintrc file will check and maintain the code quality
- .gitignore file will contain GIT ignore instructions
- package.json file defines NPM packages which can be used. Do not modify this file !!!
- manifest.json file which contains DEX8 Task details
- howto.html file which contains DEX8 Task description. Describe here how to use the task.
- main.js file is main execution file. From here the process is starting.
- input.json file which contains input data: The input data is processed by the main.js and other functions.