How does the DEX8 platform work?
The process of extracting data is easy and can be carried out in a few simple steps.
Create a Robot Task
Deploy a Robot Task
Deploy a crawler script as a robot task on one or many servers.
Start a Crawler
Start a crawler - also known as a robot -and it will extract data from the Web. Use the DEX8 Web Panel to start, stop or pause the robot with a single click.
Save the extracted data in the MongoDB database as a JSON document.
Basic Features & Platform Components
- Web Panel - A control panel where you can log in and manage your robots, robot tasks, databases, task scheduler etc. from your web browser.
- Turnkey Solutions - Premade tasks, which eliminate the need for scripting and complicated programming.
- Task Runner - Use this to start, stop or pause your robots from your browser with only one click.
- NoSQL Database - Save extracted data as a JSON document.
- Exporter - This exports saved JSON documents into other formats: for example, XLS, CSV, PDF.
- Scheduler - This enables you to start/stop robot tasks within a specified time-span.
- Shop - Buy more DEX8 resources and expand your crawler capacity.